FLEXITAB™ Breakable controlled release tablets
FLEXITAB™ is an innovative, cost-effective and commercially validated drug delivery platform. FLEXITAB™ technology generates novel, patent protected life-cycle management opportunities from Safer to Use™ breakable, alcohol resistant extended release tablets.
Conventional extended release tablets may ‘dose dump’ their contents if broken or exposed to alcohol. This can lead to overdose and dangerous side effects.
FLEXITAB™ tablets maintain their drug release profile when broken and are alcohol insensitive, making them Safer to Use™ tablets for the patient.
FLEXITAB™ is suitable for strengths of 10 mg to 1,000 mg. A double scored FLEXITAB™ tablet design is shown to the right capabable of generating 4 tablet strengths.
- Cost-effective new product development and life-cycle management strategies backed by robust patents
- Differentiation: New label claims based on Safer to Use™ tablet performance and novel tablet designs
- New dosage strengths unavailable in the market
- Dosing flexibility: Multi-step titration from the minimum number of tablets, enabling greater physician control and reduced pharmacy costs for patients
- Improved compliance: Easy swallowing for the young and elderly
- Peace of mind: For the physician, care-giver and patient that dose dumping will not occur if patients deliberately or inadvertently break their tablets
In vitro dissolution data demonstrates that FLEXITAB™ tablet performance is unaffected by alcohol concentrations up to 40% whether intact or broken. FLEXITAB™ technology thereby complies with EU guidance on alcohol resistance.
<< This graph shows the amount of drug liberated from intact and broken FLEXITAB™ tablets after 2 hours of dissolution testing.
Recipharm holds the exclusive European rights to work with FLEXITAB™ technology.
Partnering with Recipharm provides:
- Access to exclusive European licensing rights for novel FLEXITAB™ products to suit your new product and life-cycle management needs
- Product modelling and design
- Formulation development and testing
- Clinical batch manufacturing from Phase I to Phase III
- Clinical trial services
- Commercial development and registration batch production
- Commercial manufacturing at competitive prices
- Single point of contact through-out your project